Union Township Mini Dump
First and Third Saturdays of Each Month (Same as Recycling Depot Schedule)
8:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon (OR UNTIL FULL)
Except Holiday Weekends and Inclement Weather
Dumpster Permits are mailed each year with your tax bill in July or August. If you are renting, obtain the Dumpster Permit from the property owner/ tax payer.
Please show your Dumpster Permit to the dumpster attendant and follow the directions of the attendant or person in charge.
The following materials are prohibited and no person shall deposit or place any such material(s) in or about the Municipal dumpster or on Municipal property:
- Construction or demolition materials;
- Materials discarded from commercial businesses or industrial establishments;
- Liquid waste;
- Hazardous, toxic, flammable or explosive materials;
- Direct, sand, rocks, cement, concrete of any type, blacktop and similar materials;
- Lumber or railroad ties;
- Auto frames, bodies or parts;
- Tree stumps, leaves, limbs or other vegetation;
- Cardboard boxes or paper products (these must be recycled);
- Ordinary household garbage, refuse or trash;
- No appliance containing Freon unless accompanied by a receipt from Clerk’s office (see below).
Union Twp is now accepting ALL appliances. PLEASE NOTE - For disposal of Freon containing appliances such as refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, and dehumidifiers, residents must first pay a Freon inspection/removal fee of $15.00. The payment must be made at the Municipal Office Building, 140 Perryville Road (Monday thru Friday during business hours) prior to bringing in the appliance. A receipt will be issued and must be presented to the attendant at the time of disposal. The $15.00 fee covers the Township’s cost for removal of Freon, as mandated by Federal law.
No person shall deposit or place or attempt to deposit or place more than TWO (2) CUBIC YARDS of any material in or about the Municipal dumpster or on Municipal property per household PER DUMPSTER DAY. Materials shall be compacted to the greatest extent possible.
NO TIRES – ANY SIZE – ON ANYTHING – WILL BE ACCEPTED. ALL TIRES MUST BE REMOVED FROM ITEM PRIOR TO BEING PUT IN DUMPSTER.
WHEN THE DUMPSTER IS FULL, THE ATTENDANT MUST CLOSE THE GATES - NO MATERIAL(S) CAN BE ACCEPTED.
*** Material(s) not accepted at the Municipal dumpster can be taken to the Transfer Station, Annandale; Cash only basis; Hours – 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.; Saturday; (908) 236-9088.CLOSED on holidays and maintenance day(s).